So you managed to get an interview...great! What's next? Now comes the nerve-wracking bit where you now embark on an interview not knowing what kind of questions you will be asked.
Here is a list of the most common interview questions used today. Study these questions and think through how you might answer.
I have attached a guide at the end of the questions that you can download and print.
• Walk me through your career history. Tell me about yourself.
• Why do you want to work for our business?
• What makes our business different from the others you’ve seen?
• How would you describe this role? (of the job your applying for)
• What do you envision are some of the challenges in this role?
• What are your strengths?
• What are your weaknesses?
• What do you think you would like best about working for our business? Like least?
• How do people describe you?
• What type of work environment do you work best in?
• What are you most proud of in your career?
• How are you continuing to grow your skills and knowledge?
• How do you manage multi-tasking and fast-paced environments?
• What has your reliability looked like over the last year?
• How do you feel about frequent travel?
• Given what you know about our business, what do you think is most important for this organisation to consider in the next few years?
• What can we expect from you in your first year?
• Why are you the best candidate for this role?
• What questions do you have for me?
CUSTOMER SERVICE QUESTIONS
• Tell me about an outstanding customer experience
• Tell me about a time you worked with an upset customer
• Tell me about a time you broke a rule at work
SITUATIONAL QUESTIONS (STAR FORMAT)
• Tell me about a goal you reached and how you achieved it
• Tell me about a difficult project or assignment you worked on and how you resolved it
• Tell me about a difficult person you worked with, and how you resolved it
• Tell me about a time when you were under pressure and how you handled it
• Tell me about a time you didn’t agree with a work rule and how you handled it
Download and print this guide for you to write out your answers.